With customer service being our top priority, Dunbar Cycles’ Bicycle Mechanic must provide exemplary skills in both product knowledge and relationship building.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Detailed and extensive knowledge of bicycles of all types, parts, tools, service techniques and parts compatibility
• Attention to detail and efficient and tidy work ethic
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced work environment as well as being able to work as part of a team
• Ability to talk to customers in a friendly and open manner, efficiently assess and diagnose their bicycle concerns and explain the repair service to the customer in an easy manner
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues under pressure but to the highest standard
• Building new bikes for the sales floor
• A minimum of 1-3 year’s previous experience working in the service department in the cycling industry
• Comfortable working with high-end mountain and road bikes
• Comfortable working with all types of hydraulic components
• Positive attitude and self-motivated
• Willingness to do “whatever it takes”
• Passionate about riding
• Flexible availability – including weekends, and holidays
• A detailed knowledge of suspension forks and shocks, servicing and tuning, suspension kinematics, bearing overhauls.
• Knowledge of electronic gear installation.
• The position is Full-Time and is a 1-year contract to start.
• Compensation commensurate upon experience.
• You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada and must have a valid work permit.
• Work permit sponsorship is available for this position
DUNBAR CYCLES 1.604.224.2116
CORSA CYCLES 1.604.892.3331